Personal Favorite Use: Arborvitae is one of my favorite essential oils. It reminds me of growing up in N. California in the redwoods. I love to diffuse this oil when I want a calming, earthy aroma.
- Defend against seasonal irritants
- Powerful disinfectant and purifier
- Naturally deters insects
- Preserves wood
Emotional Benefits (when inhaled)
Arborvitae is used to promote grounding, calming, and spiritual trust. It can help a person to relax the mind, surrender their personal will to God and release the need to control. It helps to trust in the divine and live more peacefully.
Most Common Uses of Arborvitae
- Warm, woody, and earthy aroma, and bright orange.
- Arborvitae defends against seasonal irritants.
- This essential oil is a powerful cleansing and purifying agent.
- Diffuse to cleanse the air.
- Deters bugs naturally.
- Rub on wrists and ankles during a long walk.
- Combine with water in a spray bottle and use on surfaces or hands for a protecting mixture.
- Grounding aroma when diffused.
- Moth Deterrent.
- Natural wood preserver.
- Combine 4 drops of Arborvitae with 2 drops of Lemon with Coconut oil for an effective preservative wood polish.
- Use it during meditation for a sense of peace and calm.
- Combine with mulch while gardening.
- When combined with Cedarwood, Arborvitae, and Frankincense releases a pleasant aroma for a cologne.
- Promotes clear and healthy skin.
- Minimize the appearance of skin imperfections by applying topically.
(N) Can be used with no dilution.
(T) Apply 1-2 drops directly to desired area, can be diluted with complimentary oil to reduce risk of skin sensitivity.
(A) Diffuse 3-4 drops in diffuser of choice.
Blends well with: