Cardamom essential oil is from the seeds of the ginger family after a long drying and steam distilling process. Guatemala can produce the most potent oil due to the ideal growing conditions. In general, cardamom is safer and gentler for children than some other essential oils, and when diluted can serve as a great substitute for treating digestive and respiratory needs for children.
Personal Favorite Use:
Cardamom is an essential oil I like to use on my chest or diffuse when it is feeling congested. I love mixing it with bergamot too.
- Aids digestion and helps with indigestion
- Facilitates clear breathing
- Helps with upset stomachs
- Improves mood
- Great flavor for cooking and baking
Emotional Benefits (when inhaled):
Cardamom is a great essential oil to use when feeling frustrated or angry with other people. It helps to bring balance and objectivity to the moment. Cardamom helps individuals to take personal responsibility and release the need to blame others.
Most Common Uses:
- Can be used orally each day to support the GI tract
- Apply to the skin or diffuse to help breathe
- Add to almost any meal for more flavor!
- Take a whiff or diffuse while riding in a boat or car
- Diffuse throughout a room to help claim responsibility where applicable or confront anger
- Helps with emotional balance by applying to chakras or diffusing
(T) Apply 1-2 drops directly to the desired area, can be diluted with complimentary oil to reduce the risk of skin sensitivity.
(A) Diffuse 3-4 drops in a diffuser of choice.
(I) Dilute 1 drop in 4 oz. liquid.
Blends well with: