Clary Sage is an essential oil produced by the steam distillation of the sage plant. It can be used to support hormonal changes (generally for women) as well as to assist with feelings of stress, changes in mood, and for skin soothing. It has a floral and herby aroma.
Personal Favorite Use:
I love to use Clary Sage for insomnia by applying to the bottoms of my feet or taking a drop under my tongue before bed.
- Relieves menstrual discomfort
- Balances hormones
- Improves mood
- Calms anxious and nervous feelings
- Soothes the skin
Emotional Benefits (when inhaled):
Clary Sage helps change perceptions. It allows the courage to “see” the truth.
Most Common Uses:
- Apply three to five drops to the abdomen and massage to relieve menstrual cramps
- Add a few drops of Clary Sage and a few drops of Roman Chamomile to bath water for a relaxing bath
- Apply to feet or pulse points for hormonal balancing effects
- Apply to pillow, pajamas, or bedding (or diffuse) prior to bed for a restful night
- Add a few drops to hair products to encourage a healthy scalp and hair
- Add a few drops to coconut oil to moisturize skin.
- Rub one drop over the eyebrow area no more than once per hour while working on creative projects.
- Rub a drop or two over the brow and/or the heart area prior to relaxing in order to move away from thoughts and concerns.
(T) Apply 1-2 drops directly to desired area, can be diluted with complimentary oil to reduce risk of skin sensitivity.
(A) Diffuse 3-4 drops in diffuser of choice.
(I) Dilute 1 drop in 4 oz. liquid.
Blends well with: