Cumin essential oil is steam distilled out of the seeds of the cumin plant. The aroma is very much like cumin powder, which is commonly used for cooking. It smells earthy, spicy, and masculine. The most common uses are for digestion, immunity, flavoring, and muscles and joints.
Personal Favorite Use:
My favorite use of cumin essential oil is to use it for cooking, which also provides digestive benefits!
- Great for cooking
- Supports teeth and gum health
- Facilitates digestion and can help with the discomfort while digesting
- Cleanses the body
Emotional Benefits (when inhaled):
This essential oil can help get rid of emotional and physical pain for abuse victims. Cumin can help heal trauma and protect the user.
Most Common Uses:
- If experiencing digestive discomfort, add a few drops to coconut oil and rub onto the stomach
- Add one to three drops while cooking for flavor and to help with digestion
- Dilute in a carrier oil and massage to encourage good circulation
- Add one drop to four ounces of water and gargle to freshen up the mouth
(T) Apply 1-2 drops directly to desired area, can be diluted with complimentary oil to reduce risk of skin sensitivity.
(A) Diffuse 3-4 drops in diffuser of choice.
(I) Dilute 1 drop in 4 oz. liquid.
Blends well with: