Cypress essential oil is created by steam distilling the branches of the Cypress tree. As such, the scent smells a little woody and balancing. It has urinary, liver, joint and muscle applications.
Personal Favorite Use:
I love using cypress aromatically and topically to move from an emotionally stalled state to a state of progress.
- Reduce oil on the skin
- Facilitates blood flow locally
- Relaxes muscles
- Facilitates breathing
Emotional Benefits (when inhaled):
This essential oil creates energetic flow. Cypress works in the heart and mind to create flexibility.
Most Common Uses:
- When you begin to notice discomfort in the throat, use cypress right away!
- Gargle a drop or two in water to help with throat discomfort. Alternately, diffuse or inhale.
- Dilute in a carrier oil to massage on sore areas of the body
- Blend with grapefruit essential oil and coconut oil and massage onto skin to firm up
- Add a drop or two to toner to reduce the appearance of oil on the skin
- Massage one drop over the heart to help promote trust. If needed daily, consider other resources as well, such as a journal or a professional counselor.
- To help reduce grief, diffuse or inhale from your palms.
- Apply one drop daily over the heart or solar plexus, or inhale to help reduce the need to do everything perfectly.
(T) Apply 1-2 drops directly to the desired area, can be diluted with complimentary oil to reduce the risk of skin sensitivity.
(A) Diffuse 3-4 drops in diffuser of choice.
Blends well with: