This essential oil comes from the steam distillation of the branches and needles of the Douglas Fir tree, aka the Christmas tree. Although there are some similarities to the White Fir, this is a different essential oil. When you get a whiff of a Christmas tree, you are reaping the benefits of this essential oil in its natural form!
Personal Favorite Use:
I love diffusing Douglas Fir around the holidays for a festive smell!
- Facilitates clear airways and smooth breathing
- Offers cleansing benefits to the skin
- Enhances mood and helps with focus
Emotional Benefits (when inhaled):
Douglas Fir invited individuals to break free from destructive traditions passed down through their families. It can also assist with increasing the bond within one's family.
Most Common Uses:
- To help with focus, add a few drops and any citrus oil of your choice to a diffuser
- Add to skin care products for cleansing benefits
- To facilitate breathing, add a drop plus either peppermint or eucalyptus essential oil to your hand and inhale
- To soothe muscles, combine with any of the complimentary oils listed below and a carrier oil and massage
(T) Apply 1-2 drops directly to desired area, can be diluted with complimentary oil to reduce risk of skin sensitivity.
(A) Diffuse 3-4 drops in diffuser of choice.
Blends well with: