This essential oil differs from Sandalwood essential oil, which usually comes from India. Resources for traditional Sandalwood essential oil have been declining, so distillers and other essential oil companies have switched to other sources. The Hawaiian Sandalwood variety grows much quicker than Indian Sandalwood, which makes it a great choice. The aroma profiles between these two oils differ immensely. Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil is steam distilled from the heartwood, and the scent is spicy, woody and earthy. It has applications for skin and heart support, as well as other emotional uses, too.
Personal Favorite Use:
I love using Hawaiian Sandalwood for emotional balance. I like to use it aromatically and topically to go from Uninspired to Devoted.
- Improves mood
- Offers grounding and uplifting benefits- great for yoga or meditation
- Helps minimize appearance of blemishes and scars
- Supports vibrant skin
Emotional Benefits (when inhaled):
Hawaiian Sandalwood assists with all kinds of prayer, meditation, and spiritual worship. Sandalwood assists in quieting the mind so that individuals may hear the subtle voice of the Spirit.
Most Common Uses:
- Inhale to clear confusion
- Diffuse during yoga or meditation
- Add a few drops to a hot bath to help relax
- Add a drop or two to your moisturizer for radiant skin
- Diffuse or apply to the neck and shoulder area before bed to facilitate deep sleep
(T) Apply 1-2 drops directly to desired area, can be diluted with complimentary oil to reduce the risk of skin sensitivity.
(A) Diffuse 3-4 drops in diffuser of choice.
Blends well with: