Jasmine (or Jasmine Absolute) essential oil is an expensive and rare oil. Its aroma is extremely sweet and very floral. The most common method used to create this essential oil is an absolute extraction of the flowers, which involves grain alcohol or hexane to remove the oils, because steam distillation would damage the oils. Then, the hexane or grain alcohol evaporates after extraction, leaving just the jasmine essential oil.
Personal Favorite Use:
I love to use Jasmine to help with depression and anxiety, by diffusing aromatically and applying topically under the nose and the back of the neck.
- Great for massage
- Supports joints and muscles
- Facilitates respiratory function
- Helps clear up oily skin
- Aroma promotes vitality, warmth, and strength
Emotional Benefits (when inhaled):
Jasmine nurtures healthy sexuality and helps to balance sexual forces. Jasmine encourages the release of past sexual trauma.
Most Common Uses:
- Massage into the abdomen to help with PMS
- Inhale or massage one drop over the heart to promote love and hope
- Apply to pulse points to promote calming
- Massage a drop or two onto fine lines and wrinkles before applying facial moisturizer
- Add to conditioner for extra moisture and nourishment
(T) Apply 1-2 drops directly to desired area, can be diluted with complimentary oil to reduce risk of skin sensitivity. Diffuse 3-4 drops in diffuser of choice.
(A) Diffuse 3-4 drops in diffuser of choice.
(I) Dilute 1 drop in 4 oz. liquid.
Blends well with: