This essential oil is steam distilled from the needles and berries of the plant. The highest quality oils come from Bulgaria, where they are a native species. The berries take three whole years to ripen enough to be harvested for essential oils and other purposes. The scent is sweet and balsamic. It has urinary system, skin, nervous system, and digestive system benefits including detoxing and cleansing.
Personal Favorite Use:
Juniper Berry is great for acne and psoriasis. I love diluting and applying it topically to the area of concern.
- Promotes relaxation
- Facilitates cleansing and detoxifying
- Helps clear up skin
- Promotes healthy kidney and urinary systems
Emotional Benefits (when inhaled):
Juniper Berry assists those who fear the dark or unknown aspects of themselves. Juniper Berry offers courage and energetic protection in the nighttime.
Most Common Uses:
- In a metal or glass spray bottle, mix 4 drops juniper essential oil per ounce to help relieve childhood fears
- Inhale or diffuse to reduce tension and promote rest
- Diffuse with citrus oils to purify the air
- Apply a drop to skin to help clear up the complexion
- Add a drop or two to water for cleansing benefits
(T) Apply 1-2 drops directly to desired area, can be diluted with complimentary oil to reduce risk of skin sensitivity.
(A) Diffuse 3-4 drops in diffuser of choice.
(I) Dilute 1 drop in 4 oz. liquid.
Blends well with: