This is one of the most gentle essential oils but also very powerful. In addition to the lovely scent, it is extremely popular and has many uses. The aroma of a high quality product is sweet and floral. It promotes cardiovascular, nervous system, emotional, and skin health. Lavender can be used for a multitude of health and wellness purposes and is considered the must have oil to have at all times.
Personal Favorite Use:
I love to use lavender for cuts, scrapes and blisters, by applying topically to comfort, cleanse, and support the skin.
- Promotes calm and relaxation
- Soothes skin irritations
- Eases tense muscles
- Promotes quick skin recovery
Emotional Benefits (when inhaled):
Lavender aids verbal expression by calming the insecurities that are felt when one risks their true thoughts and feelings. Lavender addresses a deep fear of being seen and heard.
Most Common Uses:
- Diffuse or inhale to manage mood
- Diffuse at home or apply to the body to promote grounding and focus
- Use when cooking to enhance flavor
- Add to a hot bath to promote relaxation
- Massage onto the temples or back of the neck to help soothe muscles
- In a spritz bottle, combine water and a few drops of essential oil and mist around the home for freshness
- Apply to minor skin irritations
- Apply to bedding or bottoms of feet to promote a restful night of sleep
(T) Apply 1-2 drops directly to desired area, can be diluted with complimentary oil to reduce risk of skin sensitivity. Diffuse 3-4 drops in
(A) Diffuse 3-4 drops in diffuser of choice.
(I) Dilute 1 drop in 4 oz. liquid.
Blends well with:
Most other oils