Lemons have been used throughout the course of history to protect the immune system. The scent is citrusy, sharp and a tad sweet. It works with the immune, digestive, and respiratory systems to promote health. The scent is very strong and a great wake up call! This is a very popular essential oil and has many different uses.
Personal Favorite Use:
I love lemon for detox and lymphatic cleansing, by taking it internally in a glass of water or applying topically to ears and ankles to cleanse and balance pH.
- Promotes good mood and focus
- Supports a healthy respiratory system
- Helps with digestion and detoxing
- Cleans and purifies air and other surfaces
Emotional Benefits (when inhaled):
The crisp scent of lemon oil improves one's ability to focus. It is a wonderful aid for children struggling with school.
Most Common Uses:
- Diffuse or massage a drop over the heart center to relieve emotional stress
- Diffuse to increase connection
- Can be used to remove the early stages of tarnish from metals
- Soak a cloth in lemon oil and apply to leather furniture and other items to clean and protect them
- Mix with water in a spray bottle for household cleaning
- Diffuse or add to a glass of water with peppermint and lavender to help with seasonal respiratory difficulties
(T) Apply 1-2 drops directly to desired area, can be diluted with complimentary oil to reduce risk of skin sensitivity.Diffuse 3-4 drops in
(A) Diffuse 3-4 drops in diffuser of choice.
(I) Dilute 1 drop in 4 oz. liquid.
Blends well with: