This essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the marjoram plant. It has been used over time for physical ailments and spiritual rituals. It can be added to home cooked meals for additional flavoring. The scent is herby, spicy, and sweet. It promotes cardiovascular, muscular, and structural system health. It can help calm the mind and relieve discomfort, too!
Personal Favorite Use:
Marjoram is great for reducing high blood pressure! Apply topically over the heart and to pulse points or take internally with two drops of lemongrass in a capsule.
- Promotes calming
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Helps with a healthy respiratory system
- Soothes sore muscles
Emotional Benefits (when inhaled):
Marjoram aids those who are unable to trust others or form meaningful relationships. Those in need of marjoram oil most likely use these protective coping mechanisms unintentionally.
Most Common Uses:
- Massage a few drops into the feel to promote cardiovascular health
- Diffuse to promote respiratory health
- Substitute marjoram essential oil in place of dried marjoram (1 drop = 2 teaspoons dried herb)
- Diffuse before bed to promote rest
- Massage a few drops with a carrier oil to the back of the neck to promote relaxation
(T) Apply 1-2 drops directly to desired area, can be diluted with complimentary oil to reduce risk of skin sensitivity.
(A) Diffuse 3-4 drops in diffuser of choice.
(I) Dilute 1 drop in 4 oz. liquid.
Blends well with: