Product Description: Everyone is familiar with that distinct peppermint fragrance, making it one of the top favored essential oils. A cross between spearmint and watermint, peppermint carries a minty, fresh, herbaceous aroma. Peppermint essential oil not only smells great, but has been used over the centuries for problems related to digestion, sinus and respiratory function, and regularly used in such products such as toothpaste, and chewing gum to freshen breath.
Personal Favorite Use: I love diffusing peppermint. Mixing it with Wild Orange in my auto diffuser is a must for long drives. It helps to keep me alert, increases my energy, and I just love the smell.
- Stimulates healthy respiratory function*
- Promotes clear breathing
- Aids in digestive health*
- Helps fight off bugs naturally
Emotional Benefits (when inhaled or diffused)
Peppermint is referred to as the “The Oil of a Buoyant Heart” and helps to uplift and bring joy to the body, mind, and spirit. Peppermint helps to provide support during times of emotional pain.
Most Common Uses of Peppermint
- Boost energy levels by applying to temples.
- When tired, diffuse to uplift.
- Ease occasional belly upset by placing 1-2 drops in Veggie
- Aids digestive health.
- Refresh breath with 1-2 drops on the tongue.
- Give your smoothie a fresh twist by adding 2-3 drops to your favorite recipe.
- Combine 1 drop with 1 drop Wild Orange, and 1 drop Frankincense in your hands and breath in to get a boost of energy during the day.
- Assists in minimizing bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion.
- Combine with Lavender for a soothing effect, and use for massage.
- Generally found in most gums, toothpaste, and oral hygiene products.
- Combine with cold-water compress or foot soak when you’re running hot, to feel refreshed.
- Stimulate hair by combining with your shampoo and massaging scalp.
- Deters insects naturally.
- Combine in a spray bottle of water and spray around doorways, and windows to ward off insects from entering the home.
- Create the ultimate study zone by diffusing.
- Relieve feeling of tension by applying on the skin.
(D) Dilute for sensitive skin.
(T) Apply directly to desired area, can be diluted with complimentary oil to reduce risk of skin sensitivity.
(I) 1-2 drops on tongue, or taken by capsules, dilute 1 drop in 4 oz. of liquid if desired.
(A) Diffuse, or Inhale aroma directly, add 3-4 drops to your diffuser.
Blends well with:
- Wild Orange
Click here to learn more about the brand we use, trust, love and recommend (http://debbiefranklin.com/choosing-doterra